Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Entrepreneur Credo

I do not choose to be a common man,
It is my right to be uncommon… if I can.
I seek opportunity… not security.
I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled, and dulled
By having the state looks after me.
I want to take a calculated risk;
To dream and to build
To fail and to succeed
I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;
I prefer the challenges of life
To guaranteed existence the thrill of fullfilment
To the state calm of utopia.
I will not trade freedom for beneficence
Nor my dignity for a handout.
I will never cower before any master
Nor bend to any master.
It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid;
To think and act for my self, to enjoy the benefit of my creations
And to face the world boldly and say:
“This, with God’s help, I have done”.
All this is what it means to be an entrepreneur.


Except from ‘Common Sense’ (1776)
By “Thomas Paine”

No comments: